Monday, July 11, 2011

SUNRISE, SUNSET. 如陽光


I am so surprised when I found the screenplays for two contemporary classics, “Before Sunrise” and “Before Sunset”, my all-time favourite, in a bookstore. Casually flipping the book, I am again touched by the immediate and life-altering connection between two strangers, Jesse and Celine. I was so depressed to know that nothing really happens between Jesse and Celine in “Before Sunrise”, but was then awakened by “Before Sunset”, its sequel nine years later, which describes the strangers’ reunion in Paris. They spend the afternoon quickly reestablishing the connection they experienced on their first meeting and lamenting the way life has unfolded. Romantic, poignant, understated, and often profound, these two screenplays are always my classics in romance.

情人節將近,正打算翻看平生最愛的經典愛情電影《Before Sunrise》和《Before Sunset》,卻在書店偶爾瞥見電影的劇本,才翻了幾頁,頃刻間便再次被這對陌生人在異地相遇而迸發的愛情觸動。電影裡Jesse和Celine邂逅時的浪漫激情,以至他們九年後重逢的和煦溫馨,都彷彿重現眼前。我曾經為他倆在維也納同遊後沒能走在一起而若有所失,但當我讀到兩人在巴黎重遇時細密而動人的對話,就倏忽驚覺,原來這種細水長流的愛情(甚至不是愛情),也能教人回味萬分。

No comments:

Post a Comment