Monday, July 11, 2011

WHEN I WAS A MEDIA STUDIES STUDENT 當我還唸傳媒研究的時候


The book “Elements of Journalism” was so familiar to me. When I was a Media Studies student in university, my professor introduced us this little book for an in-depth investigation of journalism, though I ignored her advice as usual. Recently when I read this book again, I feel so complicated. When I was a student, some fellow classmates always claimed to change the world, yet the words fade out soon after graduation. I can still remember that my professors often emphasised the significant role of news media as the fourth estate of a society. So as a little gear of the media institution, what can I do? What should I do?

大學唸傳媒研究,第一課傳理系的教授便向我們推介這本名為《Elements of Journalism》的書籍,而作為學生的我當時順理成章地,把她的說話置若罔聞。多年後翻看這本書,感慨良多。紛亂的社會氛圍,有時讓人毛躁不安,然而我們可以做的又是甚麼?學院年代總有些同學信誓旦旦聲言為世界帶來改變,但後來卻是不知所蹤。有說傳媒能影響世界,乃行政、立法、司法機構以外的「第四權」。那麼,作為傳媒一份子的我,又可以作甚麼?

No comments:

Post a Comment